WeaveUp is seeking an experienced Mid-Level Backend Rails Engineer to build andimprove our REST API. Our technology stack is an Angular frontend talking to a Rails APIbackend, and youÃ¢ÂÂll be focusing on making the API as flexible and robust as it can be! WhileweÃ¢ÂÂre very supportive of junior developers internally, this role would be a better fit forsomeone with a couple of years of production experience under their belt. We want atalented developer with a passion for creating elegant, scalable code.
Things We Need You To Do
- Build robust, scalable applications to support the growth of the WeaveUp website
- Work with the lead developer to scope/plan/develop new features and functionality
- Collaborate with frontend developers and UI/UX designers
- Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and code reviews
- Monitor hosted applications for performance and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Create and update technical documentation
Things That Are Important To Us
- A minimum of 2+ years experience with Ruby and Rails 4+, since thatÃ¢ÂÂs what our backend is(#logic).
- An ability to build and improve a REST/JSON API.
- Big ideas and a tiny ego - come in with your best ideas, but donÃ¢ÂÂt take it personally if anotheridea is better.
- A customer-first focus, and a willingness to step and hustle to make us a success. There is noÃ¢ÂÂthatÃ¢ÂÂs not my jobÃ¢ÂÂ at WeaveUp.
- A high degree of pragmatism about the difference between Ã¢ÂÂgoodÃ¢ÂÂ and Ã¢ÂÂperfectÃ¢ÂÂ with a biastoward shipping.
- Testing and TDD experience, preferably with RSpec.
- Familiarity with coding style guides via Rubocop
- Understand the different types of specs and understand what test coverage means.
- Asynchronous job processing and management via SideKiq / SideKiq Pro.
- Understand Git Flow and have worked in an agile environment.
- Have participated in peer code reviews on PRs.
- Self starter. Passionate about code and eager to learn new skills.
- Values autonomy, asks for help, and asks for more work when tickets are completed.
- Comfortable with asynchronous communication tools such as Slack and Screenhero.
- Not afraid of video chat.
- Loves to LAUGH and have fun.
Things That Would Be Nice To Have
- Integration with third-party APIs
- Strong Giphy-fu to post amusing GIFs into the engineering Slack channel
- Enough DevOps to understand how a Rails app runs and what might break. Know Ansible?Even better!
- Knowledge about image processing, color matching and RMagick
- Strength in Postgres-flavored SQL and query tuning
- Preferably remote within PST or MST
- Work on a product that has demonstrated value for customers, and help us take it to the nextlevel
- A culture that values productivity, accountability and communication over politics, capital-PProcess and micromanagement
- Seriously, weÃ¢ÂÂll treat you like an actual adult
- A collaborative environment where youÃ¢ÂÂre encouraged to think and contribute outside of yourprescribed role
- Management that is committed to supporting you as a person and a professional, and to buildinga diverse and respectful team that makes all of us stronger
- Take-it-when-you-need-it-two-weeks-minimum-recommended-vacation-policy (no-seriously-take-the-vacation) and gratuitous-use-of-hyphens
- Must reside inside the continental United States
- No 3rd Parties
- No Agencies
- No Recruiters
Equity, competitive pay and good benefits make up the compensation package. WeaveUp,Inc. is a software startup that enables billion dollar companies to efficiently enter the textileprint-on-demand market using groundbreaking color customization, workflow, and salestools. The last time the textile market saw a change like this, hot air balloons were the latesttechnology.
To apply: To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and a few code samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to let us know why you'd be a great fit for our company!