Thought Catalog is seeking an experienced backend Engineer to join a team of driven and creative individuals. In this position, you will:
- Work on relevant projects with broad consumer reach to millions of users;
- Be a polyglot and leverage your multidisciplined skills;
- Be involved in user-centered product development;
- Work on products you would use yourself; and
- Gain education and experience to advance your career.
We want someone who:
- Has significant experience with node.js, PHP Laravel, React, Mongo, MySQL, and has production dev-ops experience (such as AWS, EC2);
- Has worked with or is passionate about NLP, machine-learning, or other recent technology advances in AI;
- Believes code should solve problems, not introduce them;
- Thinks about consumers first and code second;
- Believes design is more than just great user experience;
- Is a driven self-starter, and believes team communication, process, and organization creates results; and
- Appreciates the power of agile, pull requests and clean git branches.
This is a full-time position that will work as part of our development team, with salary plus benefits. The team is based in Brooklyn, NY, however, candidates in the US who would like to work remotely may also apply.
About Thought Catalog:
Thought Catalog is one of the largest millennial culture sites in the world, with over 30 million monthly readers. Thought Catalog is independently owned by The Thought & Expression Company, is based in Brooklyn, NY, and operates numerous affiliate sites including Quote Catalog, Shop Catalog, and Collective World. Our corporate website is https://thought.is.
To apply: Your experience is important! Please send us your resume to email@example.com, and include links to products youÃ¢ÂÂve built or to which youÃ¢ÂÂve heavily contributed. Include a fun hashtag of your choice as part of your email subject.