has an immediate opening for a hungry, highly-experienced, highly-detail-oriented Customer Success Specialist who is fanatical about helping SMB businesses succeed. Ensuring the happiness of our customers is everything
to us. Every employee, even the CEO, spends time working the customer success inbox.
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 9,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. WeÃ¢ÂÂre passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We're not just about sales tax though, we're a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers.
We offer TaxJar Reports
, a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state; AutoFile
, a service that automatically files sales tax returns; and SmartCalcs API
, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations. For developers, we have created an helpful API demo environment
and also are fanatics about creating and maintaining great API documentation
As a Customer Success Specialist you will:
- Be the third full time success member of our team
- Provide answers to basic sales tax consulting questions via phone and sometimes email (donÃ¢ÂÂt worry, weÃ¢ÂÂll train you to be a sales tax pro)
- Help customers get set up with TaxJar and learn how to use their accounts (either 1:1 or in group webinars)
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Track feedback from customer education sessions to contribute to clear and simple documentation and support content
- Work closely with our product team to provide customer feedback and insight
We're looking for someone:
- Approaches success from the customerÃ¢ÂÂs point of view
- Enjoys teaching
- Extremely patient...sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain :-)
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
- Has prior experience or interest in eCommerce
- Comfortable working with technology and providing technical support
YouÃ¢ÂÂll be a great fit on our team if you're
- A pro at communicating
- Well-experienced working remotely
- Never tired of learning
- Looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Confident in your skills and a solid team player (WeÃ¢ÂÂre all peers here, no egos please)
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excited to be part of the company leading innovation in the sales tax space
WeÃ¢ÂÂre a happy team
and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. WeÃ¢ÂÂre always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
To apply: Please fill out our application here: https://taxjar.workable.com/jobs/318235/candidates/new FAIR WARNING: we receive lots of resumes, so treat this as a first interview. And here's an overview of our interview process: https://life.taxjar.com/distributed-team-hiring-process/