We are looking for a mid/senior rails programmer to help us out with a client project for the next 6-12 months. The project involves extending and maintaining a large Ruby on Rails system for a bigger company in the travel industry. Our engineers work directly with the client's own engineering and product teams, helping with developing new features and also sharing expertise and establishing best practices.
After the initial project there is a good chance of follow-up projects - with either Ruby on Rails or Elixir/Phoenix.
- Work with the client's engineering and product teams helping with developing new features but also sharing expertise and establishing best practices
- Review other people's pull requests, give valuable feedback and ensure the overall quality and consistency of the codebase
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and help establish a lean process
- Communicate well and be responsive, you will be working fully remote
- Be available to travel to Paris from time to time
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a must
- Care for good OO design, clean code and thorough testing
- Familiarity with RESTful JSON APIs is expected
- Familiarity with data-stores like PostgreSQL and Redis as well as the concept of message queues and potentially even RabbitMQ
- Experience with Elixir/Phoenix is a plus
- Fluent written and spoken english is required
- You must be located in Europe or within +/-1h of CEST
We are looking for individual freelancers only - offshoring agencies etc. are not an option!.
simplabs is a European engineering consultancy specializing in Ruby on Rails, Ember.js and Elixir/Phoenix. We work for international clients from small startups to big enterprises, offering software engineering, technology consulting as well as individual and group training. We haven an international (and remote) team with the main office located in Munich, Germany.
To apply: Send an email with everything we need to know about you to email@example.com