PhishMe is seeking an experienced Production Engineer to architect, automate, provision, monitor, and maintain administrative and production Linux-based infrastructure.
The successful candidate must have professional work experience. This is a full-time position working for PhishMe, Inc. We actively encourage diversity on our team and overall company.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to identify and implement solutions that meet production, QA, development, and administrative needs in Linux-based environments
- Identify changes for the product architecture from the reliability, performance, and availability perspective with a data driven approach.
- Interface with on-site system administrators
- Architect and maintain multi-site, high-availability solutions
- Own and suggest improvements to our deployment process and tools
- Identify technical debt and provide plans to remediate.
- Determine when code needs to be refactored without making it obscure.
- Diagnose and resolve production system issues
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with PhishMe will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. PhishMe reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Successful applicants must be:
- A self-starter who is willing to take a task from gathering requirements to deployment and maintenance
- Able to work effectively and be pragmatic as part of a remote team in a dynamic business environment
- Know a domain really well and able to share that knowledge
- Comfortable working independently and able to escalate problems when necessary
- Able to take charge of a nebulous requirement and drive it through design to completion
- Can identify problem or opportunity areas, develop and implement fixes and changes as necessary
- Able to communicate effectively with developers, engineers and upper management
- Eager to learn; able to understand and apply new things relatively quickly
- Happy to travel occasionally for team events
- Willing to mentor and guide fellow team members effectively and constructively in a wide variety of disciplines, both technical and business-like in nature
Your experience should demonstrate that you:
- Have experience with Ubuntu and Red Hat/CntOS in production environments
- Can manage and support cloud (AWS) production environments
- Have acted in a leadership capacity (led teams) to provide services/functions in a production setting
- Have championed new technologies/processes, and architected their design, implementation and delivery to production
- Are proficient with configuration management tools (Ansible preferred)
- Have experience supporting full stack Java applications(Maven/Artifactory)
- Have experience using and supporting CI environments (Jenkins/Docker)
- Familiar with managing and maintaining Route53 configurations
- Can implement and manage high-availabiity infrastructure solutions with automatic failover
- Managed PostgreSQL, Hazelcast, and Elastic Search in production environments
- Are able to coordinate large feature development
- Polyglot (multi-lingual) programming expertise
- Ready to lead or has lead small teams
- Stay on top of current DevOps and infrastructure news
- Have used docker in a production environment as part of the 'product', not just in the CI workflow.
- Have experience with docker orchestration - eg. Kubernetes, Rancher etc.
It would really be outstanding if you:
- Have used docker in a remote environment (think appliance)
- Competitive salary and incentive stock options
- 401k plan with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
PhishMe is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
To apply: To apply for this position, please follow the link below:https://careers-phishme.icims.com/jobs/1270/sr.-production-engineer/job?mobile=false&width=1020&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240