Modern Tribe is looking to add a seasoned DevOps Lead Engineer to our team for a 10 hour per week contract. The opportunity is a chance to jump in with both the services and products teams at Modern Tribe to work across client projects and our WordPress plugin products. You will work to plan, tune, and maintain our online systems so that we delight our users with fast websites, and we delight our developers with clean, stable, and predictable environments to work in.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the worldÃ¢ÂÂs largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A FREELANCER This means that if you live within the USA, you will also maintain your own personal client list and that Modern Tribe will only comprise a proportion of your total income. Regardless of where you live, you need to be already freelancing.
The DevOps engineer is a very important person that helps keep everything running smoothly Ã¢ÂÂ our production systems, and our developers. As a remote WordPress DevOps Engineer at Modern Tribe, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Architect and maintain multi-site, high-availability, production solutions
- Help streamlining deployment process and CI
- Diagnose and resolve production system issues
- Manage, monitor, and scale our AWS-based cloud infrastructure
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies, investigate new technologies to see if there are improvements that can be made
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision is a must
- Excited to be part of a team with the potential for a long term relationship
- Fluent English speaker
- Full time 100% freelancers only!
- Experience deploying and scaling PHP based applications
- Proficiency using AWS services and tools
- Some experience doing Back End development. At the very least, be able to read code and understand whatÃ¢ÂÂs going on, and specifically what it means to make back end code perform well (caching, etc).
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Big plus if youÃ¢ÂÂre experienced with high scale WordPress instances
- Big plus if you can write good modern PHP
- Experience with server technologies like Redis or ElasticSearch
- Strong grasp of automation tools
Pay range is between $50-$70 USD per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a one time annual hourly contract position, though we are always seeking longer relationships with kick-ass people.
Given the nature of this role, weÃ¢ÂÂre exclusively seeking applicants located in North America who have a perfect command of the English language. Please do not apply if you are not totally fluent in English or are located / work outside of traditional U.S. business hours.
To apply: http://m.tri.be/19pj