Healthify is looking for a Product Designer with front-end development experience to join our growing Engineering team. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong opinions about design processes to join us as our first designer and help us make strategic product decisions. The ideal candidate is quality-driven, excited to use data to inform design decisions, and our mission to create a world where no one's health is hindered by their need.
At Healthify we're fundamentally rethinking how healthcare organizations and communities work together to connect struggling populations to social services.
Our founding team of technologists and social workers came from a background of working with vulnerable patients in Baltimore hospitals. They saw how social needs - like access to food and housing - dramatically impacted healthcare outcomes and costs, and were driven to create Healthify with the mission of building a world where no oneÃ¢ÂÂs health is hindered by their need. Our products are now used by some of the countryÃ¢ÂÂs largest healthcare organizations.
Since our founding, weÃ¢ÂÂve been backed by impact investors and VCs - from Kapor Capital to Primary Venture Partners - and weÃ¢ÂÂve built a team thatÃ¢ÂÂs both diverse and mission driven. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to agility, cultivating a thoughtful and safe work environment, and who are results focused. Individuals from marginalized and underrepresented communities are highly encouraged to get in touch.
About the Role
The Product Designer will
- Refine and implement design and product processes within a high-growth startup
- Work across teams to forecast product direction
- Iterate on design changes using the best tools for the job (ranging from sketches to production CSS)
- Turn user stories into wireframes and mockups
- Identify redundancies in feature sets and optimize persona-based user workflows
- Execute user interviews and usability tests
- 4+ yrs experience designing web products
- Empathetic and strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Proficiency with Sketch App and/or relevant Adobe products
- Intimate understanding of the constraints of responsive web design. Maybe you have opinions about mobile first...
- Professional Sass and HTML experience (familiarity with BEM or similar, semantic markup, responsive, cross browser, etc.)
- Experience working remote (if not in New York); must be based in the US and willing to work roughly on EST.
...And the following would be nice
- Experience working at early-stage startups, contributing to open source projects, or organizing in the community
- A background in healthcare or social work
- Experience with templating languages other than HTML (ERB, HandleBars, etc)
- Experience producing both print and digital collateral for sales & marketing teams
To our employees, we promise
- The ability to make an internal impact - YouÃ¢ÂÂll learn to recruit and lead interviews, usability tests, and other research paradigms like a pro
- WeÃ¢ÂÂll be a safe space - WeÃ¢ÂÂre committed to cultivating of a thoughtful work environment thatÃ¢ÂÂs safe for people of any and every background
- The ability to have an external impact - Our team is united around building a world where no one's health is hindered by their need. YouÃ¢ÂÂll be part of that
Not to mention
- Unlimited Vacation
- A top notch tech set up
- Education reimbursement allowance
- Excellent health, dental and vision coverage
- Remote work friendly
- Flexible work schedule
- Quarterly, expenses paid trip to NYC for all-hands roadmap planning
To apply: https://healthify.workable.com/j/06C9F4BFA3