This REMOTE job is open to applicants residing anywhere within the United States.
This position is for an experienced Ruby & Rails software engineer to join our ~40 person engineering team. WeÃ¢ÂÂre looking for someone with a strong track record of putting Rails to work and bringing products to life.
Why work at Doximity?
Doximity is changing how doctors communicate. WeÃ¢ÂÂve built the largest network of physicians, with over 70% of US doctors as verified members, and weÃ¢ÂÂre just getting started. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. We believe that when doctors are connected, patients benefit and the healthcare system improves.
What YouÃ¢ÂÂll Do
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end.
- Work in tandem with the web team to design flexible APIs that are used to power our apps.
- Develop clean, modular code that can be reused across multiple apps for various platforms including iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
- Upgrade our code base to take advantage of the latest iOS SDK updates, while maintaining backwards compatibility with previous iOS versions.
- Maintain a high quality of code by monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs.
- Encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship and thorough code reviews.
- Write automated unit tests using XCTest and OCMock to catch bugs before theyÃ¢ÂÂre released.
- 5% travel time required per year.
About the Technical Stack
- Our iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch apps are written in Objective-C, and more recently, in Swift.
- We use standalone Interface Builder .xib files for UI implementation, and rely heavily on Auto Layout for dynamic sizing.
- We use Core Data for persistent local caching on the device.
- We run an in-house APN server to track, customize, and deploy push notifications to our users.
- Doximity's applications are used by hundreds of thousands Physicians and Healthcare professional daily.
- More details about our engineering stack.
Who You Are
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience with Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and iOS development
- You have experience with Swift, either professionally or on the side
- You have a deep understanding of standard iOS design patterns and RESTful API design
- You are on top of the latest iOS updates and understand new technologies as they become available
- You have your own side projects that you can show us
- You care about the product and donÃ¢ÂÂt ignore potential pitfalls during design and implementation
- You welcome challenging problems and take pride in well-implemented solutions
- You strive for improvement, are receptive to coaching, and are open to coaching others
A few facts about us
- We deploy our applications to production on average 25 times per day.
- We have over 250 private repositories in Github, ranging from forks of gems, our own internal gems as well as auxiliary applications.
- Our production stack is hosted on AWS and QA clusters on DigitalOcean.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- We host unstructured 'hack days' periodically, which is time reserved for you to scratch a code itch.
- A couple times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
- Every new engineer ships code to production on day one. Our mentorship program ensures you're immersed in the team's culture early on.
- Comprehensive/rich medical, vision, dental coverage
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- 12 company holidays, including company shutdown in December
- 401K and flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and disability coverage
- Team trips to fun places like Beverly Hills, Lake Tahoe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Doximity is the leading social network for clinicians with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time.
- Putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We build workflow tools and draw connections between the strongest influencers in US healthcare.
- VC-backed startup located in SoMa San Francisco.
- Strong revenues, real market traction.
- Co-founded by Jeff Tangney, founder of digital health pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC) and Nate Gross, founder of Rock Health.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply: Apply directly at http://doximity.applytojob.com/apply/V5QXj1/Software-Engineer-IOS?source=weworkremotely