This REMOTE job is open to applicants residing anywhere within the United States.
This position is for an experienced Ruby & Rails software engineer to join our ~40 person engineering team. WeÃ¢ÂÂre looking for someone with a strong track record of putting Rails to work and bringing products to life.
Why work at Doximity?
Doximity is changing how doctors communicate. WeÃ¢ÂÂve built the largest network of physicians, with over 70% of US doctors as verified members, and weÃ¢ÂÂre just getting started. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. We believe that when doctors are connected, patients benefit and the healthcare system improves.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to mentor other software engineers and work directly with product managers to delivery solid software solutions.
- Pragmatic: A problem solver with a passion for well-implemented solutions.
- Fast Learner: You're a software engineer who thrives on applying their knowledge and learning new technologies.
- Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, and/or performance analysis.
- We would love for you to show evidence of your work - preferably open-source contributions on Github, or elsewhere on the web.
Here's what you can expect to work on
- Cache, optimize and develop systems that can handle millions of operations.
- Manage and enhance our content ingestion and verification systems.
- Build isomorphic applications that solve real-time messaging challenges.
- Develop APIs for our mobile applications as well as dynamic front-end features.
- Work remotely provided you have 5 hours of overlap with the team in the U.S. Our core hours are 9:30 AM to 5:30 AM PST.
- 5% travel time required per year to company HQ and events.
A few facts about us
- We deploy our applications to production on average 25 times per day.
- We have over 250 private repositories in Github, ranging from forks of gems, our own internal gems as well as auxiliary applications.
- Our production stack is hosted on AWS and QA clusters on DigitalOcean.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- We host unstructured 'hack days' periodically, which is time reserved for you to scratch a code itch.
- A couple times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
- Every new engineer ships code to production on day one. Our mentorship program ensures you're immersed in the team's culture early on.
About the Technical Stack
- Comprehensive/rich medical, vision, dental coverage
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- 12 company holidays, including company shutdown in December
- 401K and flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and disability coverage
- Team trips to fun places like Beverly Hills, Lake Tahoe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Doximity is the leading social network for clinicians with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time.
- Putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We build workflow tools and draw connections between the strongest influencers in US healthcare.
- VC-backed startup located in SoMa San Francisco.
- Strong revenues, real market traction.
- Co-founded by Jeff Tangney, founder of digital health pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC) and Nate Gross, founder of Rock Health.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply: Apply directly at http://doximity.applytojob.com/apply/DTOyvbbFWO/FullStack-Software-Engineer-Remote-OK?source=weworkremotely