This job is open to applicants residing anywhere within the United States and Canada.
Why work at Doximity?
Fun facts about the data science team
- We have access to one of the richest health care datasets in the world, with extensive information on hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals and their connections.
- We build code that addresses user needs, solves business problems, and streamlines internal processes.
- The members of our team bring a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Business decisions at Doximity are driven by our data, analyses, and insights.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- A couple of times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
- We like to have fun - company outings, team lunches, and happy hours!
Here's what you can expect
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, analysts, data scientists, and other developers to define and complete data projects.
- Show off your coding skills by creating data products from scratch, and streamlining and automating existing code.
- Leverage machine learning knowledge to identify and classify behavioral patterns of physicians on our platform.
- Play a fundamental role in creating client-facing analytics.
- Learn from experienced mentors and build your technical and non-technical skill sets.
What we expect
- B.S. or M.S. in quantitative field with at least two years of professional experience;
- Decent knowledge of statistics and visualization;
- Expert in SQL. This skill is an absolute must;
- Fluent in Python;
- Proficient in Git and UNIX command line interface;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize incoming tasks from different stakeholders;
- Self-starter; able to manage your tasks and projects;
- Fast learner; curiosity about and passion for data;
- Prior exposure to machine learning techniques (regressors, classifiers, etc.) is a plus.
- Full medical, vision, dental for you and your family.
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives.
- 3+ weeks of vacation (another week off during the December Holidays)
- 401K and flexible spending accounts.
- Life insurance and disability insurance coverage.
- Brand new computer.
- All-company trips in fun places like Beverly Hills, Lake Tahoe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members.
- Putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system.
- VC-backed startup located in SoMa San Francisco.
- High revenues, real market traction.
- Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC).
- After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply: https://goo.gl/wFpQWW